There are SO many things to do in Milwaukee, and I believe that is the reason that this city is known as a “Great Place on a Great Lake”!
Milwaukee is a fabulous place to visit and to live, but does everyone always realize this?
The city is a large metropolitan area with a population of about 600,000. By population it is the 23rd largest city in the United States! That’s not too shabby!
What that means is that we have all of the benefits of a large city, without all of the problems.
Even though Milwaukee is relatively large city, the entire city, including the downtown area, is completely manageable. It’s easy to get from one side of the city to the other, parking is usually accessible and although some events pack large crowds, even the crowds are easy to maneuver. Does anyone remember “Danny Gokey Fever”? My friends and I were sandwiched in like sardines at the Summerfest grounds but we were still able to get relatively close to the stage, and the people in the crowd were friendly. (How old am I? Almost 40…what’s your point? :)
Here in Milwaukee we have many of the same types of attractions and events that a big city like Chicago has, but we have more of a small town feel.
In Milwaukee you’ll be able to:
- find parking relatively easy – even in the heart of downtown during rush house, traffic is manageable
- interact with people that are friendly for the most part – Ok, ok…I said “for the most part”
- and find activities and events that are relatively affordable.
I’ve noticed, however, that people don’t necessarily know about all of the great things to do in Milwaukee.
People generally know about one aspect of the city – if you’re into sports, you know about our sporting events – if you’re into the festivals, you know all about the festivals that we sponsor each year – if you’re into the outdoors, you know about the fantastic park system and bike trails we have – but folks don’t often know about the full array of activities that we have at our fingertips. And there hasn’t historically been one central location to find out about these options. Without the info, it’s hard to know what’s out there!
We’ve created this website for everyone who wants to enjoy this city as much as we do – from first time visitors to those who have lived here for years.
It is our intent to create a central location for people to find all sorts of things to do in Milwaukee – free activities, sporting activities, concerts, outdoor fun, restaurants, and everything in between. We hope that by doing this, people will not only be more informed as to what this city has to offer, but that they’ll also learn to inject more FUN in their lives.
Try something you’ve never done before!
- Haven’t been ice skating? Try lessons at the Pettit National Ice Center, or better yet, skate in the round outside of the Starbucks on Water Street downtown.
- Need to soak up some vitamin D in the dead of winter? Try one of our many sledding hills. And no, you don’t need to be a child to enjoy this type of fun – we’ve got sleds of our own, and we use them ALL THE TIME!
- Haven’t been to a good concert lately? See what’s available at the Pabst Theater.
- Or even if you’ve lived here all of your life, act like a tourist! Take a Miller Brewery Tour, visit the Pabst Mansion, or enjoy the vegetation at the Mitchell Park Domes.
The list of things to do in Milwaukee is truly endless! And the fun doesn’t stop once early fall has passed. We tend to be a city that comes alive in the spring and summer, so much so that it’s easy to forget all of the great activities during the cold winter months.
Please enjoy this website and feel free to share any thoughts on how to improve it. By the Spring of 2011 we plan to have a regular newsletter sent out notifying subscribers about upcoming Milwaukee events.
We are so grateful for your visit and hope that this site proves to be a great resource for you!